Monday, August 29, 2011

Hippos Dancing in Fantasia

Last week, to celebrate my birthday, a group of us went to the Hollywood Bowl.  They were showing Fantasia with the Hollywood Bowl orchestra playing the music and John Maucieri conducting.  We all brought food and wine to share.  My sister made two amazing cakes, which we managed to light up before the ushers caught us playing with fire, and we had a wonderful night, complete with fireworks and a visit from Mickey Mouse.

One of my favorite parts of Fantasia is the hippos.  (In fact, you may have noticed my fondness for hippos is the past.)  And one of my favorite rhymes for the hippo couplet contest was when Donna rhymed Fantasia and dysplasia.  I believe her couplet said:

Hippos dancing in Fantasia Often suffer hip dysplasia.

So here, to share some of my birthday fun, are Fantasia hippos and a few of my hippo charms, which can be found on eBay and on etsy (or by messaging me here and telling me you desperately need hippos).  because, well... who doesn't?!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment