Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Am On Track



Weekly weigh-in: 225.5


Loss: -0.5

Total loss: -66.4


Emotion: Chuggin' along



So there I was, sitting at the railroad crossing, watching train cars lumber by.



And it got me thinking…



That was me.



On the track.



Chug, chug, chugging along.



Going the wrong way, unable to turn around, slowly rolling toward whatever future lay in my path.



That’s what it felt like anyway. A feeling of helplessness and hopelessness. The idea that change was unthinkable, inconceivable, unachievable.



And then one day, I pulled back on the brakes. Decided that enough was damn well enough…



And I changed direction.



I realized that the train can go either direction down the tracks.



Either direction.



I am the conductor.



This is my train.



And I am on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment